Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Rockies Condition reports
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #277 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
thinking of going to Nakiska on Saturday, has anyone been out there recently? Forecast says that its getting warm through the day, or is that just Kananaskis and not the hill?
I had friends there last Sunday (5 days ago) and they said it was icy, but they're not regular boarders. They're calling for a high of about 1 on Saturday, so if it is frozen in the morning, it might thaw out a bit by early afternoon. I was at Nakiska in mid-April last year and had a good time. I'll be there Sunday for an event no matter what the conditions are like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
Do you really need a beacon for the Dive (do they check you)? kinda sux that the best area on the hill is roped off.... Saying that I'll probably be buying one next year for going back country.
From what I hear, yes you HAVE to have the gear to go in there. They either check or if you're caught without you're fucked...

I sort of think it seems like a marketing ploy, as Fernie and Louise have some pretty crazy in bounds terrain that you don't need gear for. Maybe it's just to keep tourists out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
No snow here anymore, I'm gonna go check out the conditions in Punta Cana. Will let you all know what I find.
Pussy!!! I'll be hitting louise in May still...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote