Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Rockies Condition reports
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #280 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
That's all I can think too, the Dive's not even scary looking. after riding just about every chute KHMR has, going back to the sunshine groomers is just a dire thought
Yeah I'm surprised I didn't bump into more forum members this year. Oh well they're big hills we ride! Easy to get yourself lost somewhere!

I've found some great stuff on Louise this year... Not that any of it is news to anybody who's been riding here for years, but a little hike here or there, a cut through the bush, etc. and there is great stuff. Board killing rocks in most places though too...

You ever done the Curry Headwall at Fernie? It's gated terrain but I didn't see any requirement for avalanche gear. The terrain leads back into the Curry bowl and you could ride it again and again off the polar peak chair if it was open all day. Would likely be a 10 min hike to get up to the good stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
If it's still open in May I will try to get out with you again. I'm off to my wedding in the DR for two weeks now though! Later!!
Have fun!

We're doing ours at Louise next March. Likely stay at the Fairmont and the wedding itself will be at the hill. We're planning on taking the gondola up and doing a wiwaxy 500 lap in our tux and dress...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote