Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - URGENT! Connecticut Suggestions for tomorrow.
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Vlaze
Veteran Member

I only went to mohawk to get the early bugs tuned out. There are a few small kickers kids might make up on the far left of the mountain, that's it. Hard pack and pretty much same all over, just good for a first run of the year getting back into it.

Hunter is not an hour and half, esp from Hartford, it's well over 2 hours. I live near the NY border and it's a little under 2 hours here. The only place I've seen that has a park devoted place is a little hill called Woodbury ski resort, they have a website, kinda weak and lack of updates, but they are one of the first placed on the NE to have snow before the rest since they make their own and for a small hill, get enough to cover their small park. I haven't been there since because of such a small size it's likely to be swamped on the weekend, maybe on a weekday night I might. But anyhow, that's it for CT. The rest of the mountains are pretty plain.
Vlaze is offline   Reply With Quote