Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

stevens pass

20K views 200 replies 19 participants last post by  jtg 
#1 ·
so i will prob be going this fri. i wanna ask those of u that board there how busy is it on fri or how busy should it be this friday? i know u guys dont wanna give up ur secret stash, but it would be nice if u could let me know some runs i need to hit up. hoping there is some deep powder.

#195 · (Edited)
Two awesome days at Stevens, what a way to end the "regular" season. Saturday felt like mid February.

Walove, yes it was EXTREMELY reactive on Saturday. I set off a huge slough that took my buddy for a ride first run down on the backside, skiers left of SC. Then came the reports of the two avys near Snoqualmie. NWAC also referenced a slide just outside the Stevens boundaries that almost completely buried a snowboarder and his buddy. One was able to self extricate and save his buddy (sounds like this could have ended a lot worse than it did). We stayed pretty low angle OB Saturday and didn't pop anything more than a few good sized sloughs.

Unfortunately it sounds like two lives were lost near Snoqualmie. I'll wait to discuss that until the NWAC reports come out, too many missing details at this point.

#197 ·
Well Well Well. We put away our snowboarding gear and got out the camping gear for a nice little festival in Central Washington this weekend. We have to drive over HWY 2 tomorrow morning and back on Monday. The weather is supposed to be sunny but kinda chilly on the other side of the pass.

Well anyway, I look at the Noaa forecast for Stevens just to see if I need to take chains and I notice that they are getting 12 to 18 inches Sunday night. We are totally bringing the snow tubes and my snow skate. Going to have a nice little winter ending party at the now closed ski area Monday!!

#199 ·
Huh?

Sunday Night Rain and snow. Snow level 5500 feet. Low around 27. Windy, with a west southwest wind 25 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Monday Snow showers likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Breezy, with a west northwest wind 14 to 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

#200 ·
thats the ticket, before I sold my sled, we used to come in from the Nordic center (backside) and ride up to the resort, a couple guys I work with went up there on their sleds Thursday 2 weeks ago.

I guarantee you that if there is anyone up there working, they will try to you that you need to leave, it's private property and that they have insurance on the property. Call bullshit on them, several years back I had taken my family and a neighbors family up to Stevens to do some sledding (after the season) and have a BBQ hotdog cook out. During the drive up I thought to myself that someone would come over to try and ruin our fun, well sure as shit, my daughter and I hiked half way up daisy, only to have some ass come flying up the hill on his sled yelling at us to leave. I told him we weren't leaving, your contract with the state is over for the season, he started up with this "I have this property insured blah blah blah", so I replied "No, you have the building insured, not the land", so we aren't leaving. When he seen that I wasn't leaving, he proceeded to start up his sled and go bug the other family sledding on the Barrier run.

So what I'm getting at, dont let them give you a line of shit, go have fun

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.