Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Tips for Female Rider Requested
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
edlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
as others have noted...you got a bit of an invisible bf going along...close the shoulders parallel with the board you are rotated a bit open

you look pretty smooth and comfortable....now push youself out of your comfort zone....start trying to mob around with others who are better...ride up...like in tennis play up
Yes, they seem closed on heel side but more open when riding toe side. Maybe need to turn the neck more? Also noticed the heel to toe side turn uses a lot of upper body twist.

On the steeper runs , you go across the mountain more, but the there isn't enough speed to turn, it is like turning a boat or jet ski that is turned off, what are trips for getting the board from going across the mountain to pointed down the mountain to transition from toe to heel side without forcing it and smashing the back of the head down the hill? She's riding an arbor push, meant for intermediate to advance, does that mean it needs to go fast to turn? Would a rocker be easier at slower speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olex View Post
I could never ride with straight legs. I always felt like I would fall any moment.
But riding with bent knees is killing my quads within 2 hours.
There is a spot where you can see she started to catch toe side but managed to save a face plant, yes it is a lazy bad habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
Totally agree with Lamps here.

3. It looks like you're ready for steeper terrain. This run looked like a walk in the park on a snowboard. The tips we have all mentioned will become evident on more challenging slopes.

Keep up the good work!
Went steeper when no one else was around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstx1017 View Post
What resort and run is this at?
It is a secret resort that no one knows about as you can see in the video, I want to keep it that way.

JK These were as Mammoth, California, various runs 1st video was probably something off chair 9 then all across the upper mountain. Chair 9 , 5 , Coyote, Chair 12, I don't know for sure.

Second video I was just out of the Gondola shooting her go down Cornice, but I know you can't even see her, she looks like an ant. It is a groomed black, but it is more of a blue when it snows or is groomed. If it gets icy, it is a black. The second part might be Scotty's.

Gear whore question: does the video indicate some new equipment like a new rocker Arbor Swoon would be beneficial ?

Last edited by edlo; 04-13-2013 at 11:01 AM.
edlo is offline   Reply With Quote