Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Good Pow / Freeride / Carving board?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
33AndAThird

Quote:
Berzerker and Highlife have very similar shaper, but ride quite differently because of the difference in flex. Highlife is much stiffer and much less fun and playful. Berzerker does not need to be ridden nearly as aggressively and will do better in tree and when messing around.
Extra technology in the Highlife makes no discernible difference. Berzerker is just the better board all around - it does pretty much everything the Highlife does and a bunch of things the Highlife does not (or not well). It is more than enough board for 99.0% of people - it is not Jake Blauvelt's pro-model for nothing.
Thanks for the info hktrdr, looks like the Berzerker would be more the board I'd be after over the highlife after all.

Quote:
Dont take the Flagship. This is no playful board, its more fun the faster you go. But the Raptor 2013 offers some playfulness and the dampening allows to take it easy. I see hubby riding it switch through moguls (those moments when I'm torn between admiration and hate ) hitting natural jumps and slashing tight turns in trees. Hes 85kg and floats fine with the 164 through the deep (been to 40cm).
neni, you are seriously making me consider grabbing this 2013 Raptor! I worry that with the changes to 2014 it will be too aggressive, but from your comments the 2013 sounds the business!
33AndAThird is offline   Reply With Quote