Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pow in the Alps
Thread: Pow in the Alps
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Last day of the season. Another 22000ft mostly off the groomers. Were exploring more sidecountry and amazed to still find fresh runs. Very odd... in our resort, all those runs would have been chewed up after 2hrs. Theres no muscle left that doesnt ache

Zermatt was wonderfull to end a perfect season. Where ever you ride, you always have this awsome scenery with glaciers and impressive peaks like the Matterhorn, Monte Rosa, Castor and Pollux.

Playground the last three days

The cablecar goint to 3890m (very tiny right from the middle)

From the Gornergrat you see at your left the Dufourspitze with the Monte Rosa cabin

... and at your right, the gorgeous lady, the Matterhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassMT View Post
drooling over those chutes at :17, lovely
Yea... I hope I progress next season as much as this and learn to dare to ride faster in steep deep pow and still be in control. The chutes at home are very narrow and steep at the top. You shouldnt fall there. Had no fall in pow the entire season, enjoyed a lot to ride steeps (44 was the steepest so far according to ski tracks app., for me it looked pretty vertical ) and felt very safe. Didnt have to concentrate on the riding anymore, had time to concentrate on reading the snow/terrain. But still unsure if I'm really ready. It's very hard to judge your own riding ability when you always have an expert in front of you
We'll see... got something to dream of this summer

Last edited by neni; 05-01-2013 at 04:26 PM.
neni is online now   Reply With Quote