Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ever had an injury or crash that made you consider quitting?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderaddict View Post
I caught an edge today going REALLY fast and landed very awkwardly on my face with my spine taking the force of the fall and making a huge cracking sound. I did not move for 10 minutes after the fall.

I remember the excruciating pain shooting up my spine and not feeling anything beneath my waist for a split second. I laid there praying that I wasn't paralyzed and tried to wiggle my toes( just like kill bill, yes i know) and luckily they moved. After ten minutes I made my way down slowly and went home.

During those ten minutes of not being able to get up, I thought about my job, which requires me to me mobile and physical, and having to quit and spending my life with a cane or something. Then when I was able to get up I thought about maybe quitting. The chance of getting permanently injured just isn't worth it. Losing job, quality of life, and whatnot.

What about you guys?
Uhhhh... please tell me you at LEAST got an x-ray of your back... Ever heard of the guy that took a fall, heard some cracks but never thought anything of it? Totally fine except for a minor sore neck for the next week or so. One day, he is taking a dump, turns to the side to get the TP and a small fragment of bone from his unknown neck fracture sticks in his spinal cord, ending his life on the porcelain throne with a nasty shit in the pot.

Last edited by BigmountainVMD; 04-15-2013 at 01:38 PM.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote