Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Good Pow / Freeride / Carving board?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33AndAThird View Post
I was worried about boards being a little too aggressive, but given most of the suggestions here (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Raptor, Highlife/Berzerker, Jones Flagship are at a similar level of aggression), I'm beginning to think I'm just being too conservative?
Sorry, I missed this question... Yes, the Raptor is an aggressive board, but not in the same class as the Highlife and Flagship. Husband and me were both riding these three boards (can't comment on the other models mentioned). We are agreed that the later two are significantly stiffer and big fun to carve on perfect groomers but absolutely no fun in moguls. You can blame me for being too light or not experienced enough to ride such boards in such terrain, but he's an expert and had the right weight for these lengths.
Since he has ridden my Flagship he was torn to get one too, for it being more aggressive than the Raptor. But after riding his Raptor this weekend in spring mogul runs lasting 1000 vertical meters, he was again very stoked with his Raptor for being so easy to turn tightly in such condituons.
When I was on the Raptor, I really could take it easy = ride straight over all the afternoon chopped up groomer with almost straight legs. The dampening of the board swallowed most of the unevenness. Never possible with the Flagship. It would buck you off. You can take it easy on the Flagship if you straight line or in pow
If I'd be into RC profiles (I'm not!), I would have got a small Raptor for me.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote