Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding Highback Angle
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

The forward lean I select depends on the board and the time of season. At the beginning of the season muscles are still a bit weak so not too much forward lean. As muscles get stronger the first couples of days/weeks, I adjust notch by notch. Finally on front leg (+21) in the second most and hind (+3) 3rd most forward notch. Not that important on a softer/shorter board and also not if riding pow. But if on groomer on a long/stiff board and the aim is carving, I need this forward lean especially of the front leg to get the best backside turns.

Even more important (and often neglected) is the torsional adjustment of the highback, depending on your angles. They should be parallel to the backside edge of the board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
But if you ever hop on someone elses board that doesn't have their forward lean set forward THAT'S when you will see the difference.

You will then realize the importance of forward lean, cause their board is gonna ride like shit, regardless of the quality of board.
Hoped on a high quality stiff as hell 168 carving board of a friend. Same angles as I have, slightly wider. He had the most forward lean front and hind. Wasn't able to do one decent turn adjust highbacks some notches and I was carving as hell, leaving canyons in the slope. Without a decent forward lean I wouldn't had been able to tame that beast.

Last edited by neni; 04-16-2013 at 10:09 AM.
neni is online now   Reply With Quote