Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Binding Highback Angle
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
If I'm understanding the information being posted here, I "needed" all that FWD lean on that board because of it actually being too wide for my foot?
Yup, I'd say so.
The longer/wider the board I ride and the more aggressive I want to carve, the more I need (!) all the weapons (forward highback, stiff boots, stiff binding, both very tight) to transfer my weight on the edge. The amount of Newton one can force is limited by ones weight and musclepower. The more direct you get this force via boots/highback/bindings to the edge, the less of this max force you loose. A heavier rider on the same board puts already a lot more force on the edge simply by the fact that he has more weight.

But too much fwd lean, and you loose balance and the ability to do mini adjustments with the ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
I'm trying to learn about & get a handle on on all these big and little variables that seem to have such a HUGE impact on an individuals riding!
and it will be the same story again and again with every new board you get
which inserts? binding more to the front or backside edge? which angle? position of the wedgie bed? highback? straps? and everything can be optimized differently for front and hind leg
the first days on a new setup I ride with a pocket screwdriver in the bagpack. it's like with a new romance, you need become acquainted with the lady, what she likes, what she doesn't, what's needed to persuade her
neni is online now   Reply With Quote