Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vans Infuse 2014 Snowboard boots
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
SnowOwl
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

What up Wired! Been a while.

Wish I had seen your post before I put mine up, I had a question:

So my boa system on my K2 Maysis broke so obviously I need a new pair. Vans Infuse caught my eye. Only problem is I saw their flex was pretty low, and I remember reading Jed's article:

"Personally I find really soft boots to be junk because they break down too fast. Too soft doesn’t give you support and you have to replace them earlier because they’ll turn to mush quickly, but I guess if some people like super soft boots and don’t mind having to replace them quicker then that’s their choice.

Stiff boots all get more and more flexible as they wear down, so a stiff boot can actually end up with the same stiffness as a soft boot if you use them long enough. Personally I tend to stick to mid stiff and up when it comes to buying boots, but that’s my preference."

I don't have the funds to constantly replace my boots. Anyone have any remarks regarding this to help with my worry about my boots breaking down, or any experience with the Vans Infuse life quality?
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote