Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which is the "best" action camera
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Default Which is the "best" action camera

If the prize is secondary, which action cam would you get and why?

My brother wants to get an action cam which I could borrow. I'll use it for snowboarding (make a run, whatch the vid on the chairlift to check what I could improve, do the next run a.s.o.), kite surfing (must be waterproof), xc horseriding (so it shouldn't be too delicate i.e. a bit resistent to falls) and brother for motorcycling.

Searching for info I found this table http://www.snowboardingforum.com/pho...k-vs-sony.html but I'm a noob so most of the technical numbers don't help me.

Brother is into high-end stuff, always wants to get the newest, most fancy and expensive models. He wants to have the one that makes the best quality vids. Do less well known brands exist, not listed in the table we should check? I'd like to have one that can be handled by noobs without a degree in photo technology. From his (photo)cameras I know that the more high end, the more complicated the handling... is this also true for action cameras?

Are the cams waterproofe/light sensitive enough to use them also to take pics while scuba diving? (not a must but nice to have)

From scattered comments on this forum I got the impression that the battery is one of the cons of the GoPro black. But this can be handled by having several batteries? If it makes the best vids, we'd accept the short battery time.

Last edited by neni; 04-20-2013 at 10:17 AM.
neni is online now   Reply With Quote