Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Rockies Condition reports
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #324 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2splooge View Post
Amazing day at nakiska - hiked out of bounds up and to the right of the gold chair. Came down a big bowl with knee deep powder into a ravine with a creek that ran back into the gold chair runs towards the bottom. Met two affable locals on the hike, one of whom woke up a skunk and got what was coming to him. Still, one of the best days of the season for me. Nice mix of pow, jibbing and bombers.
The good news is that that whole area is planned expansion. As far as I know they've gone through all phases of the planning and are waiting for the province to sign off on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
P.S., has anyone tried the drag lift on a snowboard? the banking at the start looks a bit tricky
Pretty sure that lift is only for patrollers.

One thing Nakiska really needs is to thin out the trees all over the hill. If they had some proper glades (instead of the current glades) it'd be a much better hill. I have a love hate relationship with Nakiska. It's great for carving groomers and is quite fun on a powder day, but more/better glades could make it a really good hill instead of just a good one.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote