Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Timmytards sweet Craigslist finds

47K views 292 replies 55 participants last post by  timmytard 
#1 · (Edited)
I find quite a few smokin' deals on Craigslist, if I had the cash I'd have the biggest, baddest quiver in the land.

But since I don't, I thought I'd post em' as I find em', there will be a 1 time demo fee though;).

Obviously, these might not be deals for some people, for you people, share the wealth ya greedy cock suckers.
Post up your better ones, or shut the fuck up.

These will all be either in the Fraser valley or Whistler. If you're not local, you can always see if they will ship it to you if you see something that tickles your fancy. It's worth a shot, ya never know.

So... Lets give this a go & see how she goes..

First deck I'd buy right this second if I had the cash.

Brand New Ride Slackcountry 161cm 2012/13 $300 (Squamish)
This one might have a 2 day demo fee, we'll see how the 1st day goes;):D

TT

Reg $750 bones

See less See more
#99 ·
I took the no hardware as no bindings, poles, etc. If he means no splitboard hardware as in the Voile kit that I assume he used, then the board is useless I guess. I was thinking if I could get a board and the kit less than than the $150 it costs for the DIY Voile kit new, then it would be a good deal. Maybe not.

Thanks,

Jason

#100 ·
You can always ask him and offer. It's craigslist. Anything goes. And sometimes you find a guy that needs $150 more than he needs anything else.

Sounds like the guy is no longer into splitting. Also, if those boots aren't your size, you can sell them and lower your price point. Winning.

#101 ·
I don't know what hardware buddy is referring to.

Maybe I'm reading it differently?

This is what I see.

Got too much time & money, bought an expensive board then split it with my expensive tools.
After trying it only once, I realized, it's really tiring. It's not my thing, I'm way too fat & lazy, chairlifts only please.
The problem is I have friends that actually do go split boarding, they bug me & call me a fat pussy bitch. I need to sell it so they stop picking on me.
Board comes as is. What you see, is what you get.

Split board, cut on a jig with a tablesaw. used once, not my thing... Board is in excellent shape, it is a "High Society Twilight" 161. exceptionally tight, no movement between planks when put together. Board comes as is, no hardware. size 10 soloman boots, older but good shape, bad lieutenant helmet, $70obo

#105 ·
There hasn't been a lot out there lately:dunno:, A few not bad deals, but I don't want to have to change the thread title to, "kind-of-a-deal, maybe, if you're already looking for one of these?"

+ I've been broke, so it's not as much fun, if I can't play.

Here is one that I'm not to sure about:unsure:
139cm Never Summer Snowboard

139cm tall. its branded Never Summer, custom "Revolver" edition, really nice bored.. i've grown a bit out of it so im selling it for cheap (and also the season is over so its a steal of a price!!) All white FORCE by union bindings along with it (Size XL). Only used it for 2 seasons, about 7-8 times each season. Great condition, call me for more pics/details.

That would be a pretty sweet deal:thumbsup: But, I don't think they make a Revolver mini? That would end up being a regular Evo wouldn't it?

A 139cm deck with XL bindings, does that even work?

I'm sure it be worth it to check out:D
& I probably would if I had some cash.:(

TT

#106 ·
There hasn't been a lot out there lately:dunno:, A few not bad deals, but I don't want to have to change the thread title to, "kind-of-a-deal, maybe, if you're already looking for one of these?"

+ I've been broke, so it's not as much fun, if I can't play.

Here is one that I'm not to sure about:unsure:
139cm Never Summer Snowboard

139cm tall. its branded Never Summer, custom "Revolver" edition, really nice bored.. i've grown a bit out of it so im selling it for cheap (and also the season is over so its a steal of a price!!) All white FORCE by union bindings along with it (Size XL). Only used it for 2 seasons, about 7-8 times each season. Great condition, call me for more pics/details.

That would be a pretty sweet deal:thumbsup: But, I don't think they make a Revolver mini? That would end up being a regular Evo wouldn't it?

A 139cm deck with XL bindings, does that even work?
He says he's "grown a bit out of it". I hope it wasn't his feet that grew. I'm trying to picture a 5'5 130lb dude with size 15 feet....

#108 · (Edited)
YES (the basic) MENS 159 and Ride Frankenstein Bindings.

YES SNOWBOARD

I think just those bindings go for more than that, don't they?
That's a great deal if in your size. Especially near new condition.

Heard good things about YES, but never tried them. I kinda want the YES 420, but don't know how it would fit the quiver (I guess that over the NUG).

I've ridden Ride bindings for a few years now, and I do like them. My only complaint is that there are a few too many moving parts. But it's not a big deal, just have to tighten more stuff regularly.

I'm getting the NOW IPOs for next year, because coming from a surfing background, I love that surfy feel.

Also trying to build a quiver over the next year or two. I've got a couple of all around Libtechs now. I want the following:
  • A small pow board for getting in and out of tight trees we have in New England. Must ride groomers too.
  • A splitboard.
  • And maybe a dedicated mountain stick or maybe a big pow board depending on where I move to.

If I had my choice without worrying about money, I'd get these boards to match above list:
  • Burton NUG or YES 420
  • Burton Landloard and/or Venture Euphoria
  • Some NeverSummer that handles big mountain and crushes tracked up snow. Or maybe something like a Jones Flagship.
  • Also, did I mention the Venture Euphoria. I LOVE that board and I never even tried it. I might get the split version and ride it both ways.
Need unlimited funds. Don't have them.

#116 ·
Or get a membership=bigger inbox :giggle:

#122 ·
Hey buddy, doin' not too bad. Yourself?

Gettin' a pass to Cypress again?:hope: I guess I should get on that Corporate discount thing pretty soon:yahoo:

I think Donuts is gettin' a pass there too? We need to show him how much better it is than Seymour:eusa_clap:

Come to think of it,:icon_scratch: I'm pretty sure you guys are neighbors?

Roughly the same age & ability too:eek:ccasion14:

This season should rock, even better than last & last season was my best one ever:thumbsup:

Now if I could just get you guys smokin':eek:k:

You gettin' any new gear? Or just tryin' out some of the new stuff you haven't tried yet?

TT

#137 · (Edited)
Yup, for $20 bucks it's a great deal.:thumbsup: As long as it's not fucked up in any way.

I had that exact board, 2nd board i ever owned.

Had to put T-nuts in it to widen the stance, added some home made canting & chopped the highbacks.

Ahh... The good ole days. Actually I hated that board, I think it weighed more than me @ the time?:dunno:

There were mounting plates underneath the binding area, so you could screw your bindings to it, but the plate stopped a little shy @ the front.
A lot of people used T-nuts on that board.

Putting T-nuts in it, is considered fucked up.

You can see where the old bindings were attached, quite a ways away from the new spot.
They might have used T-nuts too?

Either way, grab it. Someone will want it.:eek:k:

http://snowboardcollector.com/freestyle90

Vintage Kemper "Crystal" Freestyle 165 Classic | eBay

TT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.