Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How fast you guys are?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

x2 what's been said already! 2011/12 was my first full season riding and try as I might, I couldn't crack 30 mph!!

Conditions will probably play a big part in your comfort level too! Late this season, we got some really good snow. Conditions were great on the groomers & I blasted past that 30 mph goal & maxed out around 48-49 mph! Now I am pretty comfortable cruising the groomers in the 35 mph range while I look for places to really fly!! Of course all of this was on some pretty great snow! Now if it's really hard or Icy? My confidence takes a BIG nose dive & I'm not willing to go anywhere near that fast!

First few months riding in spring of 2011, I took a couple of HARD slams on the bulletproof shit & it still freaks me out a bit when it gets like that so I slow WAY down! (...next season gonna see about getting a board with some of the more aggressive magna traction tech & see if that helps De-wussify me some!!)

Next season,.. 55+ mph???? ...maybe!

[Edit]
Oh yeah,.. Tiny, crowded hills & resorts like we have here in MI. can put a limit on your speed too! Some day's it's like riding in a Pinbball machine dodging all the skier's n shit!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (42) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 04-28-2013 at 09:09 AM.
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote