Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Arbor 2014 no news!!!

6K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Tackle 
#1 ·
I like arbor boards but since 2 years they changed only the top my roundhouse Rx is the same since 2 years!!!! No fishtail no swallow, no news!!!!!!
They are perfect boards they look and run amazing but some news can be a good hydea

#7 ·
lmagine this. You are attracted to women, Iike you are now (emotionally and sexually), but they do not exist. They existed a long time ago, and no one knows what they looked like (They have a pretty good idea from the fossils, however), but they do not exist anymore. That means, not only do you know there will never be any possibility of you having sex with one, but there's not even a possibility of you ever seeing one in real life. Everyone else, however, except for a very few, are not attracted to women, they are attracted to something else entirely. So in other words, you will never find any animal photographs anywhere on the internet, only non-sexual pictures of women. Everyone you have told about your attraction to women think it's disgusting. To relieve yourself, you get off on the non-sexual pictures of women, knowing it will never get any better.

That's what life is like to me.

I am a degree 6 Zoosexual, sexually and emotionally attracted to Tyrannosaurs and nothing else. Women don't even do it for me. I am cursed to live my life in the misery that my most powerful emotional fantasies will never be even close to coming true. Life is like hell to me. I will never know true love.

#6 · (Edited)
No point just to talk about it!!! I have 3 arbor boards from different years I want to change my freeride board (i have an old Abacus) but Arbor does not have news. I like Arbor but I want to understand why they are not doing an evolution of the boards!! The new wasteland will have new nose and tail (good news)
For all the rest sorry for the question

#14 ·
The quality will not suffer as well as I dont think the cost to consumers will not be changing any more than anything else.

Yes Elan was in trouble but most board companies pulled out due to cost of business using elan which is in the end what killed Elan. I know both of the guys that where originally involved with Arbor and are back working with them in Dubai are spending a LOT of time there to insure the move goes well for the production of next years line.

#15 ·
Is Arbor seriously moving to Dubai? They brag about using environmentally friendly materials and then move their factory to Dubai, wow. Dubai is in a desert like Las Vegas. Both places uses a shit load of water and stress the environment around them to make the desert unlike the desert. The carbon footprint in Dubai is much larger than even LA.

Arbor looses all credibility for their environmental eco story on their website. They moved their factory to one of the most un sustainable places in the world, lol.

That indoor ski hill is not friendly for the environment. Plus testing equipment in a tiny indoor hill is not the kind of riding I would do, someone who will seriously ride a board.

I would quit Arbor if I worked for them and had to move to Dubai. People have gone to jail for years from poppy seeds from a bagel. Some over the counter cough medicines are illegal narcotics there. Women can go to jail if they report rape because it's illegal to have sex before marriage. Fuck that place.

I guess they will find plenty of slave labor to make the snowboards cheaper. They better not go bankrupt in Dubai. I hear debtors go to jail.

Fuck Arbor, I got Mervin.

#17 ·
Agreed. The carbon footprint is a lot larger in Dubai. I'm not really speaking to Arbor's eco-conscious philosophy, but more a CODB thing. Shipping is easier. Buying and selling materials and products in euros and dollars is easier. The indoor ski hill is a lot more practical than building a prototype shipping it to a place in the world that would where they could test out the changes. With few exceptions snowboard manufacturers are struggling from declining sales and they couldn't afford the cost of having their boards built at the Elan factory. I just think it is survival.

As someone from the PNW, until Mervin gives me a reason not to buy their boards, I will support the local businesses in my area.

Also just to be clear. Arbor does not own the factory. They contract the factory to build boards for them. Like Elan many other company's will have their boards built there. It is an OEM factory. The employees probably will be hired locally.

Though what I find most interesting is several people posting about Dubai's alleged human rights record. Most, if not all of us, who snowboard, buy boots and bindings that are most likely manufactured in China, which is not most definitely known as a bastion of human rights, nor are the other places some of the equipment we purchase are made. If your looking for gear that is made in places with pristine human rights records, you're going to be riding barefoot without bindings.

#20 ·
Why should boards be made in BC, Colorado or Austria?

Dubai is no more random than having boots or bindings made in China. Or having outerwear that is made in Mexico (I think there used to be snowboards manufactured in Mexico as well).

It is pure and simple economic feasibility. Except for a handful of companies (Mervin, NS, Smokin', Niche, etc.), most snowboard brands cannot afford to have them built in BC, Colorado or Austria. It might also be worth mentioning that an even smaller fraction of those companies actually get their source materials for their boards in North America.

If you read the article I linked to previously, Dubai actually makes sense. Granted it is not the first place you think of when you think of manufacturing snowboards.

#23 ·
Dubai isn't really any less sustainable than LA. With the centralized shipping as well as likely less travel for any component pieces I don't see this really raising their footprint by all that much. Unless you ride a poplar you grew, chopped and shaped yourself that you tie yourself to with hemp and only wax it with beeswax and hike for your turns (including getting to the mountain) then there really isn't anything ecofriendly about this sport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.