Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding Videos and Pictures
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #1095 (permalink)
RagJuice Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
I'm gonna side with klinger on this one. I see a TON of kids that can barely ride, out there swinging their gopoles around, not paying attention to their surroundings or trying to improve their riding. Edits are cool when you're good. Otherwise just watch them at home... or better yet, have somebody film you so you can watch it and see what you need to improve on. Just my 2 cents.
You've got a point about the swinging pole ('cos it's a problem when they're getting in peoples way or being a nuisance). But the whole "put the camera away and progress instead" doesn't wash with me. Snowboarding is about enjoying yourself, in whatever way makes you happy. If someone gets a kick from filming and watching themselves back then more power to them. Me, I want to strike a better balance between the two. Other's couldn't care less about any filming and are all about progression. To each their own (once they're not getting in the way or being a danger to anyone), no?
RagJuice Crew is offline   Reply With Quote