Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canada and US - where to go?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
LeafRider

Little advice if you're on a bus tour i highly recommend sitting a little longer to hit the huge powder that Fernie, BC can provide. The snow conditions are the best in the Rockies, and the line ups are sweet. Another hour or so from there you can tap into Kimberley, BC and I've even slid down to Big Mountain, MT a few times and we had unreal snow there as well, lacks the steep and deep.

Rememeber the short drive to Sunshine and Lake Louise is the only thing they have going for them. But before you make a mistake, picture a million people in the Calgary and area all having the same idea about hitting up the fresh snow 45mins out side of the city. I stood 40mins in line at Lake Louise, and at Sunshine you ass is always in a chair lift. Fernie is twice the mountain of Sunshine or Lake Louise. The only other mountain that touches Fernie, is Kicking Horse, Golden BC (Steep and deep and no word of a lie +30-40min runs from top to bottom snow was amazing in early 2007).