Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Longboarding Newb Q&A
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #42 (permalink)
Casual
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
So I wanted to go skate tomorrow... And then it snowed. And it's still snowing. FML. And Casual, let's go skate together this summer?
Fo'sho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassMT View Post
yep, got my slidegloves, as yet pretty much unscathed

been able to slide my park board since i was a kid, 180 slides, speed checks etc...this is a whole nother beast, have yet to be able to make it budge! hahaaa, it'll come....vids like this you see they aren't even going that fast (at first), more the technique, wheel hardness, and weighting i think...i've got the Butterballs, which are considered some really good slide wheels, but to me they feel sooo sticky (of course, i'm used to my 101a park wheels)
A few tricks to get your board speed checking, find a good hill, like 2 lanes wide with no traffic, not too steep but a good pitch and carve wide across both lanes, get your carves really hard and aggressive and you will scrub alot of speed and if you can start to unweight in the apex and push your back foot out you can start to slide. It's way easier learning this way then trying to just kick out a speedcheck while going straight, but eventually you will be able to.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote