Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding days and perceptions
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
d2cycles

Default Snowboarding days and perceptions

I'm relatively new to this forum and I seem to read several responses that seem derogatory toward people that don't get many days snowboarding. I don't understand why the harsh vibe toward them.

I started boarding in 1987 and I know some of the seasons between then and now only had 4-5 days. On those days (actually every day on the mountain is the same for me in this regard), I would be waiting in line at the lift for it to open and speed down the hill at 3:55 to get one more run. I would ride straight through and only take 15 minutes for lunch because I wanted to get as much time on the mountain as possible. I didn't progress much those years, but I sure had fun with the available time. Looking back, some of my favorite days were in those years because it was so important just to be able to go.

I got 43 days this year (14 in Colorado) and I'm over the moon happy about how much riding I got to do. I just never thought of myself as a poser in the years I was only able to ride 4-5 times. Any insight is appreciated.
d2cycles is offline   Reply With Quote