Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding days and perceptions
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2cycles View Post
I got 43 days this year (14 in Colorado) and I'm over the moon happy about how much riding I got to do. I just never thought of myself as a poser in the years I was only able to ride 4-5 times. Any insight is appreciated.
I don't know if it's derogatory, I think it might just be a perception. If you're asking for advice on bindings, and somebody has 60 days on the hill this year on several different bindings, his opinion would be worth more to me than a guy that bought one set and has 5 days a year on them.

For me it probably takes 5 days just to get my legs and lungs back in the shape. I started in 1992 (on a proper board that is) but until the last 6 years or so my longest season was 15 days. I feel like my boarding has changed more in the last 3 seasons of rocky mountain riding than it had in the previous 17 years of boarding before.

Boarding is tons of fun, and there's nothing wrong with only being able to get out 5-10 times a year. But if you're serious about getting seriously good, you've got to get out more than that! Beside who wouldn't want to get out as much as possible?!?
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote