Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help, mental aspect of snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 04:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rodman1978

Default Need help, mental aspect of snowboarding

Hi Guys,

some background information to help you explain my situation.
5 years ago i was heavy into snowboarding. I was an intermediate rider, i rode a lot of park. Mind you i wasn't one of the best but i had a lot of fun jibbing, started of with 50-50's,backside boardslides and frontslide boardslides on boxes. Then i took to rails where i could manage to do 50-50's. Just your basic stuff, nothing fancy. Always had a blast with friends. All this at the age of 30.

Then adult life hit,bought a house, started my own business, kids..just the whole nine yards i guess. Been really busy for the past 5 years. Did not get to do a lot of snowboarding and the passion kind of fizzled out i guess.

So fast forward 5 years and this winter i went on a snowboard trip with friends. And during this trip i felt the urge that i had 5 years ago coming back again. I was getting stoked again to go snowboarding. I felt like a little kid again whenever i rode pow on this trip. We even did a park session, nothing fancy just a couple of ride on boxes and mellow jumps. I had so much fun, that i decided that i was gonna pick up park riding again.

And here lies my problem, i'm 35 years old now and wanna start riding park again after a 5 year hiatus. I struggle to find that comfort level of doing basic tricks like a 50-50 boardslide. My mind locks up when i approach a box and i can't even manage a simple boardslide. I just can't seem to get comfortable on boxes anymore. Are there any tips you guys could give me, specifically the older jibbers on the forum. Kinda curious to see if someone went to the same thing i did.
Rodman1978 is offline   Reply With Quote