Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ever had an injury or crash that made you consider quitting?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Never had a bad fall/injury while snowboarding, but several while horseriding. Fell off a bucking horse once, directly on my neck, ruptured two spine discs and had one arm partially paralyzed fore some time, weird electrical buzzes when reclining the head for years. Had to sit down and rethink my activities. Quit klimbing and windsurfing for these years, not worth the pain for me. But never eventing and snowboarding. The first season after the accident I was riding slower and more carefully and I looked a bit silly with my stabilizing collar but it never stopped me from riding (boards and horses). Had many discussions with husband then, he first wanted me to quit horsriding or at least eventing. I understood his wish, but it's too much a part of me. As long as I'm able to walk, I'll be riding horses and I say that in full awareness of the risks and consequences, at the latest since this accident. The possibility of loosing the job etc. weights less than loosing part of my nature in reality . Thought it might be different if one has kids...

Last edited by neni; 05-03-2013 at 02:14 PM.
neni is online now   Reply With Quote