Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help, mental aspect of snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
West Baden Iron
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I was in your boat, even bought a board for jibbing and everything. First few boardslides and I knew I was done with it, pretty sure this is pain I'm not gonna deal with. I started the season riding with some park rats but they stopped going as much as I was and I just ended up freeriding all year.

I'll 5050 most features and I love to get air but....

The fact that I live in CO makes it so I don't have to ride park...If I lived in the east or midwest, I'd probably force myself to do it....
I'm in the midwest so I'm slowly making my way to the park. With only 300 feet of vert, I need something else to help with the fun. This season was the first time I had ever hit anything other than a jump. I'll be 40 this year and this is my 8th season or so with a long hiatus between the first few and last year.

I usually find a young kid in the park and ask for some advice or just start riding the same lines and eventually he'll help me out with pushing me or giving advice. One kid this year talked me into the trees which I had no desire to ever try. It was the most fun I'd had snowboarding.

We ended up hitting most of the park features and I busted my ass on every one. Now that is what I want to work on most of next season. I'm sure I'll progress slowly since I have a job and responsibilities, but that thrill of stomping a trick, no matter how minor compared to expert riders, is totally worth the ass busting it took get it. I also bought a few park boards to try next season. Can't wait.

Jason
West Baden Iron is offline   Reply With Quote