Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Concussion...
Thread: Concussion...
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
West Baden Iron
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I've had so many concussions I'm surprised I can type this. Some minor, some major.

The worst 2 were fairly recently. One going about 3 mph on a berm riding motocross. Not sure what happened but I laid there for 10 minutes trying to figure out who i was.

Second was the beginning of the snowboard season this year. I had never worn a helmet even though I knew better. I always thought I'm not riding fast enough to need one. Then I hit a jump about 5 times and loved it. Number 6 was a different story. I tried a straight air off a 5 foot jump and somehow landed on my head. It was all I had to finish the run, get on the lift and not fall off. I went straight to the pro shop and bought a helmet. The sales girl told me multiple times that I didn't look right and I should go see Ski Patrol.

I knew if I didn't hit the slopes again immediately, that I would struggle with confidence. So, like an idiot, I kept on going and actually felt better about my day by the end.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Between my hard hat at work, snowboarding, mountain biking, motocross, and trying longboarding as soon as my board gets here, I might as well just where a helmet all the time. I'm sure my girls would love it if I wore a helmet to there cheer competitions and softball games.

Jason
West Baden Iron is online now   Reply With Quote