Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding days and perceptions
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
StrattonRider
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2cycles View Post
I'm relatively new to this forum and I seem to read several responses that seem derogatory toward people that don't get many days snowboarding. I don't understand why the harsh vibe toward them.

I started boarding in 1987 and I know some of the seasons between then and now only had 4-5 days. On those days (actually every day on the mountain is the same for me in this regard), I would be waiting in line at the lift for it to open and speed down the hill at 3:55 to get one more run. I would ride straight through and only take 15 minutes for lunch because I wanted to get as much time on the mountain as possible. I didn't progress much those years, but I sure had fun with the available time. Looking back, some of my favorite days were in those years because it was so important just to be able to go.

I got 43 days this year (14 in Colorado) and I'm over the moon happy about how much riding I got to do. I just never thought of myself as a poser in the years I was only able to ride 4-5 times. Any insight is appreciated.
I have been getting around 25 days the past two years. I have really progressed. Like every other weekend i take a drive to my house in VT and ride with my friends. I wish i could go more. I feel good/bad for the people that get only like 5 days. Good because they make the best of it and it is prob. better than any of my 25 days because they know that is what they got.
StrattonRider is offline   Reply With Quote