I got one in January and wanted to hear your opinions..
- had a relatively small spill... wasnt going fast at all, caught an edge and impacted my shoulder first. I don't even think I hit my head it was more of whiplash.
- felt a sensation shoot up my spine and into my head causing an instant headache
- did not lose consciousness, caught my breath for a minute then finished the run to the lodge. Sat there for ~2 hours then I had to go back up and ride to the other side of the mountain where I parked my car, and drove 3 hours home.
- got a CT scan done, came out clear
- ended up getting tinnitus / pretty bad Post Concussion Syndrome.
- I was going into my last semester before graduating with my bachelors. I went to the first week of classes but couldnt handle it, had to take a medical leave of absence.
- I havent snowboarded since then, and now months later I feel alot better but far from 100%
Sounds more like the neck problems that Peyton Manning and Sidney Crosby had that were thought to be concussions. However I'm not a doctor, I just play one on the internet.