Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help, mental aspect of snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

I didn't learn to snowboard till I was 42 and since my memory is going this will be my 5th year riding starting winter 13/14. The last 2 years I've been working on park and jumps.
As we get older the risk/reward IE mortg, wife, kids comes to the forefront more subliiminally than most people think. Especially for guys that start this sport later in life.

I to freeze up or last minute bail and this has both helped/hurt my park. I have started small and progressed and that helps a lot. With you having done much of this type of riding I think the skill will surface faster than you think and the fear will subside. You may still get that feeling but I'm sure you can work that out with practice.
I still get this feeling on the park jumps so I just keep hitting ones I'm comfortable on.

Like many said "F'everyone I'm having fun and doing it my way/style" Tryinig to be hip doesn't work for me... but I am hitting what I can, having a blast and I get tons of support from many of the park guys. Kinda getting known as the dad that rides park with his kids at our local hill.
So if I'm able to do it, I have no doubts with simple progression you will be boardsliding 270 off again next season and this post will have long been forgotten.