Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding days and perceptions
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #36 (permalink)
Clayton Bigsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergatron2000 View Post
Fuck them fools. Anyone who started riding around 2000 and slags people for not getting enough days is a D-Bag.

I also started snowboarding in 1987 and have not managed to hit the 20 day mark most years since the late 90s. Thankfully this year I got more days in than most. Work, life, kids ....I'd ride every day if I could.

Keep trying to go as much as you can and do what makes you happy on the mountain.
I started riding in '85-86 at Mt BAKER and at 19 years old and a 4 10 hr work week, we were up at BAKER every Fri, Sat and Sun (BAKER wasn't open Mon-Thurs back in those days) rain or shine. It would dump Mon-Thru and Friday was always 2-3' fresh every week.

Now I'm lucky enough to have a job, that I can come and go whenever I like and typically get 20 (powder) days a year in. I ride with guys that we've been riding together for 27 years. The best day this year was just three weeks ago, when my buddy that I started riding with in '85 went up to Stevens after a fresh 11" dump, just like the old days, absolute blast.

Get up there when you can and enjoy, I feel most kids today wont be snowboarding 10 years from now, simply because they're into because it's cool/trendy. Back in the day. you would NEVER have heard anyone say "I used to snowboard", I see more snowboards crammed in the back of garages , that have maybe 1 season on them. These guys bitching about people only getting 20 or less days will more then likely join the "I used to snowboard" crowd.
Clayton Bigsby is offline   Reply With Quote