Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Calling NZ boarders!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
AntipodeanSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzshred View Post

I will never do another season at shutt. Ever, again. Ever. 1. Boring terrain 2. sub par weather and snow conditions 3. below average park and classic park crew that thinks they're hipper and better than they are 4. busy days are paaaacckkked - long chair waits plus the small mountain size means you're battling everyone else as you ride.
I get where you are coming from with Hutt, but in terms of weather and snowfall it did pretty well last season and even with its shut days had a longer season than any of the other ski fields in NZ I think. My girlfriend is learning so the chairlifts make life a lot easier than the club fields and living in christchurch its on our doortstep and managed nearly thirty days there. We did do Cheeseman, Porters etc. and then Coronet (wasnt so impressed) and remarkables (loved the park there). Havent braved the infamous nutcracker anywhere yet...

Have a week down queenstown way in July, so thinking Cadrona and treble cone, maybe a day at ohau on the way home. Can't wait.

See you on the slopes!!
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote