Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib Tech T.Rice 157 / 161.5 for deep powder?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Hi,

After reading countless posts, I have more or less decided on a lib tech T.Rice as my next all mountain board (not powder quiver). Ideally, I would have preferred the 157, easier to navigate trees and spins. But my recent weight gain (muscle hopefully) to 175 lbs and terrain (deep hokkaido powder + long gentle sections) is making me reconsider.

I have rougly 300+ days on the mountain so far and even on deep powder days, I can sort of hack it on my Highlife 155. However, it gets tiring really fast and I am looking for an easier ride. If I choose the T.Rice 157, would the +2 cm & C-R-C profile make enough difference? Or is the 161.5 my only choice?

All opinions are welcome. Thanks
Why do you want to go for the T. Rice? I also mostly ride Hokkaido and that deck would not be high on my list of boards as it is not a particularly good match for the typical riding here - why bring a stiff big-mountain charger to a place where most of the riding is messing around in tons of pow on mellow slopes?
I would really recommend something more playful and/or pow specific.

PS: What year Highlife do you have? I presume older than the 2011-12 version, i.e., before it became hybrid camber.

Last edited by hktrdr; 05-08-2013 at 03:05 AM.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote