Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Adding Camrock to the Quiver
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
stan_darsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergatron2000 View Post
Just based on what I've read I the TBT seemed like it might be a bit sketchy at speed or chargin through crud. Those are my assumptions though so I could be totally off. What do you think?
i have a lobster park board, which is basically a bataleon GW without the carbon. it's definitely not damp enough for charging through crud, but it can be done. i also ride a never summer sl, and to be honest, both are great at speed. i've never had trouble with tbt at speed, but for your style of riding, you'll want a board more geared for freeriding... as far as tbt as a whole, on edge, it's just as good or better than any board i've ridden in the short time i've been riding. it gets kind of weird when flat basing, but i feel that neversummers rc is just as weird. you get used to both, quickly, and you're not going to be flat basing at speed, anyway.

what made me think of suggesting tbt: i have a friend who charges back country and steeps who rides a bataleon OMNI, and dude rips. he plows through everything, and apparently it slays pow days. deep too. it's a mid stiff board, so it's not gonna be too stiff to have fun with.

if you get a chance to demo one, give it a shot... you might like it. i have camber and rc boards as well, and tbt is by far my favorite ride.
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote