Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - For Snowolf.
Thread: For Snowolf.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #58 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
Well, sure enough, 2 months after the extended warranty expired the logic board shit the bed on me. I took it to the "Genius Bar" (I fucking hate apple stores, every employee i have ever dealt with in one is a pretencious little prick) and they told me they could fix it for $450. $450 for a 4 year old laptop!? I could buy a refurbed PC laptop with the same specs for that price. So I said fuck it and ended up just building a gaming desktop myself.
I shit you not, those things are programmed that way. The rule with electronics and computers (even cars) is to never buy the extended warranty. If the you got a bad system (a dud), it'll fail under the standard manufacturer's warranty. If it outlasts the standard MFW time period with no troubles, it's probably a good system and will go past any extended warranty you would have bought.

You hit another reason I dislike mac people. Genius Bar is a pretentious name, especially when there ain't no geniuses working there. Mac retailers and instore support are rife with complete pricks as you say.

But for the absurd amount of money they charge for their computers, you can build or buy a PC that is much faster.As far as I'm concerned Apple can go fuck themselves.
I build my own systems, so I got a desktop for about $650, that smokes any Mac out there. And I save buku bucks that I use to go snowboarding and buy equipment.

Last edited by bamfb2; 05-09-2013 at 01:26 PM.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote