Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - For Snowolf.
Thread: For Snowolf.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #58 (permalink)
bamfb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot View Post
Well, sure enough, 2 months after the extended warranty expired the logic board shit the bed on me. I took it to the "Genius Bar" (I fucking hate apple stores, every employee i have ever dealt with in one is a pretencious little prick) and they told me they could fix it for $450. $450 for a 4 year old laptop!? I could buy a refurbed PC laptop with the same specs for that price. So I said fuck it and ended up just building a gaming desktop myself.
I shit you not, those things are programmed that way. The rule with electronics and computers (even cars) is to never buy the extended warranty. If the you got a bad system (a dud), it'll fail under the standard manufacturer's warranty. If it outlasts the standard MFW time period with no troubles, it's probably a good system and will go past any extended warranty you would have bought.

You hit another reason I dislike mac people. Genius Bar is a pretentious name, especially when there ain't no geniuses working there. Mac retailers and instore support are rife with complete pricks as you say.

Quote:
But for the absurd amount of money they charge for their computers, you can build or buy a PC that is much faster.As far as I'm concerned Apple can go fuck themselves.
I build my own systems, so I got a desktop for about $650, that smokes any Mac out there. And I save buku bucks that I use to go snowboarding and buy equipment.

Last edited by bamfb2; 05-09-2013 at 12:26 PM.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote