Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - For Snowolf.
Thread: For Snowolf.
View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Cr0_Reps_Smit
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I'm always suprised how much people are afraid of viruses and shit on their PC's. I guess the difference is that it takes a little diligence vs none...

It is incredibly easy to secure your pc with free software that has a very small footprint, I've been using avast! lately as the Norton that comes free from my cable company seems to be constantly locked up/broken.

If you keep your data in order, reinstalling windows7 from a thumb drive is a snap too. I tend to do a window wipe every 6-10 months whether I need it or not. Nothing like a clean registry and naked partition full of fresh installs.
I haven't used any type of anti virus program for as long as I can remember and never got a virus on my PC. The key is to use programs that aren't as bloated with all that crap that most name brand programs are usually associated with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.