Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - For Snowolf.
Thread: For Snowolf.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #69 (permalink)
bamfb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Interesting. So there's no live protection? I've completely overlooked this .....
Nah man, MSE is live protection, but since its made by Microsoft, it's pretty lightweight on resources and runs in the background. I emphasize protection and resource use equally. MSE very highly rated as virus protection software goes; imo better than avast, AVG, and Avira. Uses less resources than the other 3 too. I just have a standard scan set for once a week, just because I'm anal.

Malwarebytes isn't live protection, but it's one of the best pieces of spyware/malware software in the business (and free). Like I said, I just schedule a scan once a week on it. It doesn't run on my system the rest of the time.

I absolutely hate live spyware protection like Spybot Search & Destroy, always popping up and bugging you and hogging resources. Malwarebytes is better anyway.

And note, once a week is probably overdoing it. I'd be fine with once a month. But again, I'm anal.

Last edited by bamfb2; 05-10-2013 at 08:56 AM.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote