Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - From board to board...
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj View Post
Yup, the Canaries are awesome this time of year. Have fun .
Well... they SHOULD be...

Day 1-3: no wind. Getting increasingly moody (imagine fresh pow and thick fog)
Day 4: too much wind, no practicing possible. Getting frustrated (fresh pow and super high avy danger)
Day 5: finally first kite contact. Wow, this is so much fun! Only had about 2 hrs of good wind, but enough to practice kite control and learn the hard way, what the "powerzone" is and why it's forbidden for beginners didn't eat sand, practicing took place in a nice lagoon with knee deep warm water, so only a few gulps of water . It's fantastic! Got the feeling for the steering almost immediately, wasn't as hard as expected. So much fun to feel the force of the kite, to steer it and let it drag you through the water. Well, I also did some unintended jumps - little wind hole, kite falls into the forbidden powerzone, is hit by the next blast ... uuups... and off I went. Not the best experience with a weak neck... was remembered of my ruptured disks again. Anyway, could have done this for hours!

Was so very stoked for the next day to come cause this would have been the day when I could have added the board to the equitation and find out, how both together would work. Well... day 6: NO WIND. Aaaaaaaaaah! Now (nighttime) the bugger blows, it sounds like laughter to me (mother nature can be a real bitch) and tomorrow I'll be back in freezing cold Switzerland with freezing cold mountain lakes bit frustrated again but hey, at least I know now whats the next gear to buy: kite, board and a DRY SUIT

Whoever has the chance to try kite surfing - TRY IT! I only got a glimpse of it but already this was super fun.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote