Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Concussion...
Thread: Concussion...
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
RagJuice Crew

I am frankly amazed, and worried, about how little weight many of you are putting in concussions. Concussions are not something to be taken lightly and can have very serious consequences. There's a reason there's a large push to take it more seriously in the NFL and that rugby is seeing a ground swell of support for more careful management of concussions. Just this week a 17 year old girl in Canada died after a banging her head in a rugby match and it appears (this not confirmed, just to be absolutely) that she had suffered two other knocks/concussions in the week leading up to the fatal injury. Making Second Impact Syndrome a distinct possibility.

I'm not commented on the OP or making any suggestion as to what you do. I'm not even disagreeing with the comments about not letting it stop you. I'm simply saying that the "no big deal" reactions are way off. BA's comment is nuts - you're right, don't let it stop you doing what you want to do but for god's sake BA with that kind of history you need to look after yourself and I hope you are! It's your brain we're talking about here, not a dodgy elbow or somesuch. Maybe you are, I'm no criticising and not trying to judge or start a shit fight. But the pervading mood of the thread of " *shrugs* I just got on with it" is scary.

Last edited by RagJuice Crew; 05-14-2013 at 01:01 AM.
RagJuice Crew is offline   Reply With Quote