Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidation] Deep pow-bility of all mountain boards
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
dreampow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Ah, I see I need to add stats: 160lbs, roughly 839 days riding

Seriously, the powder in Japan rides just like powder elsewhere. Yes, hokkers pow is crazy light, but it's still powder. It doesn't matter if you have a pointy nose or a blunt, snowboards all float. I'll say it again, if you're riding trees, the nug is the most amazing twin that floats like mad. I just got a 48 spliff and after 3 days on it, my k2 panoramic, which I rated as a good board, got relegated to the for sale block.
Fwiw, I have ridden the 61 ultra dream in pow & hardpack, and it's not bad. It didn't have more float than my 150 nug though. I find overall that I'm not a Big fan of k2's flat camber. It performs well but feels dead-ish to me
My buddy in Nagano who has been riding 120 days a year for 20+ years is on a Nug at the moment (amongst others). he loves it.

Do you rate the float as high as the other Burton decks like the Cheetah or 163 Sherlock?

Surely its not as good?

I just can't get my head round it but would love to demo.

Since I way a bit more than you (175) do you happen to know if they have a bigger size? 153 154?

must be crazy easy to 360

@ETM any 170s coming out of your press this year?
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote