Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidation] Deep pow-bility of all mountain boards
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #42 (permalink)
Supra
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
It doesnt matter in the end what you ride as long as you have fun, I say again there are a lot of good boards for riding powder
I agree with this.

Dreampow:
Hmm, it's hard to put float in quantitative terms, but basically, on a deep day I was fine on it. What you gain: yes, doing threes is hilarious. Small sidehits become god mode video game hits. It's good in the park, it floats in pow, and it absolutely shines in the trees, especially tight trees. It is the funnest board I have ever been on.
What you lose: you can't be lazy on terrain like traverses, when there's a sharp down up like a ditch, because you don't have enough nose to absorb it. Also, you carry less planing speed into flats than a longer board. Lastly, while it rides larger bc bowls fine, a longer board is better for big turns.
I sold mine and got a 52 root this year and I like it even better. It's a little less fun and a little less bouncy in powder, but it carves really well and is more of an allrounder. It's perfect for banked slaloms too. It just rips, it's easy to throw around, and it floats great.
For you, I'd say the 52 root is fine. the weight range is 160 - 210.
Next year, there will be a 54 nug.
For Nozawa, I'd say the root over the nug. Get it as a dork board and watch it become your do-everything-except-the-deepest-days board.
Let's get together next year and I'll lend it to you
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote