Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidation] Deep pow-bility of all mountain boards
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #43 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
Consider Burton Sherlock, it's a powder oriented twin.

Can I assume you brought it into deep pow b4? how long was it?

I weigh 190, ride the 163 Sherlock when conditions are good for it, mostly on trips out west.

I don't get to more than two feet of fresh snow very often, I can't speak to really deep powder.

Compared to experience I've had on a Burton Malolo in 166 it's close, but the taper in the malolo and extra length gives more float. The Malolo however is very powder specific and directional. I think that the Sherlock is quite a good compromise, very oriented to powder, but still has the advantages of a twin and is ok on groomers as long as its not too icy. It pairs nicely with a cambered board for riding here in Ontario, camber for icy crap and Sherlock for good conditions and trips. The Sherlock deserves to be on the OP's list of twins that are good in powder.

If I lived in the west I'd probably have a powder specific board in my quiver, but here in Ontario a tapered powder board might get 1 day of use in two years.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote