Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - School me on mountain bikes?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Past Sat. did my first ever dh on barrowed Cove shocker with dual crown and protective eq....gnarls fun. Kids said they took me on fairly difficult intermediate trails, since I had never done it...I would not know any better and just have to go for it or puss out (they were hoping I'd die and they get some insurance $). Well shit my pantz...steeper than any stairs I've walked down, with just inches to clear the bars, rock ruts, trees and a few little jumps...a couple places there was no trail and the trails were half as wide as in Argo's clip. Apparently I killed it; only went over the handle bars once and hugged a tree mid-air while the bike kept going. Wish I'd done a gopro of it. Damm kids talked me in to trying more shit.

As Agro notes...its a total commitment thing...just drop and go...and don't lock up the wheels. My shoulders, forearms and hands are feeling it...and was surprised how out of breath I was for rolling down hill. The cross country stuff looks like a piece of cake compared to the dh stuff.

Daughter just put up some footy of this trail...its not me of course but my first evar dh trail.