Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Adding Camrock to the Quiver

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Fergatron2000 
#1 ·
Haven't ridden a camrock board yet, but I really like the idea of the profile. I have ridden Mervins C2BTX since switching from trad camber which works for me, but I want a little different feel. True rocker does not work for me.

70% all mtn freestyle, 30% park for the jump lines mostly. Prioroties in a camrock deck are stability at speed, ability to charge through crud without getting tossed around and super lively snap on ollies and jumps. Don't want to take it too directional.

I'm 5'10" 165lb, size 8 boots. So looking at 156-158cm. So far I'm looking at the following. Any thoughts/info/experience are appreciated.

-Yes The Greats
-Technine Camrock
-Technine Icon
-Capita BSOD
-Capita Totally Fkn Awesome
-Capita DBX
-Rossignol One Magtek
-Rossignol Jibsaw
-Rossignol Angus

PS: If anyone has one of the above and would be interested in trading for a 11/12 Arbor Coda 155cm in like new condition let me know.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks man. The AngrySB review of the technine camrock was pretty glowing. Is it just the flex pattern of the Rossi and yes that you find more fun? I pretty much want to charge crud after it gets tracked up w/o feeling sketched and pop over and off of anything I can find with a snappy tail.

#18 ·
Isn't the Jibsaw RCR? Not that it matters to me:dunno:

I got to demo the Jibsaw & I loved it.:bowdown:

Had a Burton Hero up until then, after riding the Jibsaw for a couple hours, I never wanted to ride my Hero again.
The Jibsaw crushed it in every way.

Sold the Hero as fast as I could, before I wrecked it.:thumbsup:

The jibsaw was like $165? or something like that. About 8 months ago.
Someone posted it up in here somewhere, do a little search, you should find it.

TT

#21 ·
Depends on the size. For me at 150 lbs the 153 made a killer play around park board. The 56 was definitely a more all mountain board feel. That's one of the things with Signal, sizing up in any of their decks is more than just getting a little more board, the flex characteristics are more size appropriate than most other brands I've been on. Size appropriate as in I can jib the smaller sizes and freeride the bigger sizes in every model.

#22 ·
Update : Signal Omni

Update. I pounced on next years Signal Omni 156 for $150. Got to ride it yesterday at what's left of Crystal. Short runs on wet, tuggy slush. But I couldn't be happier with this board. It's massive fun.

Just as I'd assumed, the camber brings back some of that locked in old school stability when charging while maintaining playfullness with the rockered tips. It's perfect for my riding preferences.

It was rad to flat base again after so many years on C2 and rocker. I felt like I could rail turns all day and the baord seemed to know exactly when and where I wanted to go. Never fought me or got twitchy. And damn solid pop.

I'm psyched.

#24 ·
Yeah, I don't know if its the camrock profile or this board in particular but I feel like it prompted me to ride with better form- more knee flexion, good shoulders. It couldn't have been me just having a good day because I was really hungover.

The more I kept the knees flexed the more the board rewarded me. It was rad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.