Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How many boards in your quiver?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #100 (permalink)
GreyDragon
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Wait, you have 5 different boards for riding in Ontario?!? You don't need abuse, you need a slap in the head! lol I had one board for 15 years in Ontario!!! A camber board is all you need, there's no powder, there's really no glades. You have groomers and park.

Sell 4 of the boards and spend more time out of Ontarible!!!
Totally agree actually. I know you started in Ontario and then got smart with the move to Alberta, so you know what you're talking about.

Actually, I rode a Salomon cambered for my beginner board and then moved up to a more advanced Salomon cambered (Salomon makes great cambered boards!) and Ride DH for the next few years. Used them on trips to Tremblant, Ste. Anne, Massif, Smuggler's Notch. Then the whole rocker thing hit, but no demos in Ontario aside from Burton.

Finally got out west to Whistler last year and demo'd a few Lib Techs and a Prior AMF. Well, you saw where I ended up. Love the R/C/R profiles. (Can you imagine if Never Summer had demos at Whistler? They missed out on some potential sales by not demoing.)

And this year, I was in your territory pouts - one week trip that saw me riding Kicking Horse/Louise/Sunshine/Norquay. Two weeks later I was in Colorado for a week riding Keystone/Vail/Breckenridge/A-basin. Hoping to do three trips out west next year.
Just wanted to let you know that while my weekend sojourns are on the speed bumps here, my Mervin quiver IS getting to more interesting terrain.

(I did say I expected abuse on my quiver didn't I??)
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote