Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How many boards in your quiver?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #106 (permalink)
GreyDragon
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

Okay, my ability to multi-quote posts is seriously lacking.

Pouts: on the AMF - meh.
Solid board, will push through anything, but didn't really inspire in any way. Edge hold was lacking, although the woman at the factory admitted they should have sharpened the edges before I got the board.
FYI, having ridden the Yes Great Beauties a couple of years ago in addition to the AMF, I find I much prefer the LT/Never Summer hybrid profiles over the Yes/Nidecker hybrid profiles.

As for Alta/BC, let's just say I'm so ready to retire and move out there - when I CAN retire. While there are "bigger" mountains here on the ice coast than what I get in Ontario, I say West is Best! I'll be out there with my club next year for sure (resorts to be determined...).

hktrdr: Agree on the Skate Banana. As I said earlier in this thread, I'll probably keep it for park, moderate powder, and general screwing around on the slopes. Definitely keeping the Banana Magic - still the one board that works best for me. And with the TRICE and TRS so similar, and me wearing a size 9 small footprint boot, I figure the TRS is a better match to keep.
BTW, it was a thread at the beginning of last season where you suggested I would be better suited to the 157 sized boards verus the 161s I had at the time that got me to size down. You were right. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by GreyDragon; 05-17-2013 at 09:53 AM.
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote