Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Epic Bandanna / Face MaskThread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #673 (permalink)
davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Just got one of these, its fucken sweet. Dries over a chair in 10minutes during a beer or whatever in the chalet.

+1 . As Kling said, can't beat the buff. Bought a black one coupla seasons ago and have used it from where temps hover around 0 and wind chills in the minus teens, all the way up to the 40s (40+ days and counting). Shocked at how warm this fine wool keeps nose and face on 0 degree days... of course, it's not toasty warm, you feel cold with the wind in your face, but there's no freezing, frostbite or numbing of nose, lips or chin, no matter how cold it is; just wear it facemask or balaclava style. Also very gratified by how cool and breathable the thing is on warm spring days. Wasted some perfectly good money on a couple of neoprene/fleece masks because I thought it'd be nice to be toasty warm in the face on 0 deg days but they fogged up my gogs so bad I went back to my buff. Anybody up for some perfectly good, barely use Zangear facemasks ?