Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Smokin Snowboards 2013/14 lineup
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Smokin Snowboards 2013/14 lineup

I stopped by the factory in Sparks NV this past week just for the hell of it. I had talked to Jay and Wara about buying the last pow board(the pinner) that they have, they held it for me and were going to ship it but I figured why not stop in to grab it on the way to lake tahoe? This is now a discontinued deck so I really wanted to get their last one in my size, as usual they were their and super friendly/happy to show us what they had going on in the factory.

We ended up getting a new street slayer longboard from them and they also hooked us up with a ton of stickers, some hoodies, Tshirts and hospitality. We got to check out the new line for next season and they look sick. My personal favorite design is the awesymetrical which is new this coming season. This will probably be my new primary deck. Its a symetrical twin with clash rocker (rocker middle, camber tips) that has an exagerated side cut on the heel edge. Im going to pick one up on the way home on monday hopefully. They were still in full production mode for the S Hemisphere and didnt have all of them made yet... I will be able to ride a few new boards on my hood next month though and hopefully my awesym at Abasin next week.

The entire lineup looks amazing, really poppy graphics on solid boards with some nice new tech mixed in with them. Jay was telling me that the awsym was going to be a platinum pick/goodwood, not that that means much.

Anyway, I really am always amazed at how willing Jay and Wara(the company owners) are at stopping what they are doing and bullshitting for a few minutes when people walk in to their shop. They actually took the time to personally silk screen the hoodies and tshirts on the spot for my wife since they didnt have any in her size.

Their customer service is and always has been amazing. The first time I every met Jay was 7 or 8 years ago looking for a very specific board/graphic, he took the time over a couple of days to put the word out to some regional reps and found me one. That is what got me hooked on their products.

For people looking for high quality and virtually indestructible boards with great customer service, made in the US(Tahoe area just outside Reno).... Smokin Snowboards is definitely a winner
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote