Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bigger challenges outside Europe!!
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Zenhugh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir G. View Post
So guys i've made a choice, i'am going to Chile and Argentina. The season starts there in June until October. I have 6 weeks free in August an September, so it's perfect. I would go for 4 weeks, still have to plan where i'am going, but i probably will start in Bariloche (Argentina).

I'am still checking for a good freeride board, but i probably will buy the Burton Custom X (2013). If anyone has suggestions??? let me know
Hey Sir G, I have been riding a GNU Bully Goat this season and have found it an awesome all round freeride board. It can handle powder quite well. I was riding up to 4ft powder and it handled very well and I found it was good through the trees and crud and even handles groomers well. I noticed you have been boarding for a while but I don't know your level. The Billy Goat seems to respond better the harder you charge. I also ride a Never Summer Premier 1 but found it won't handle the powder as well as the Billy Goat. I also have a Jones Hovercraft split for back country tours.
I have noticed quite a few threads on here discussing boards also with good reviews by forum members. Take the time to read through them and do some research so that you get a board that will do what you want.
Happy riding and make sure you post back on your experience in SA.