Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding after knee injury
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
AntipodeanSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore10 View Post
Hey guys, thought id give an update for anyone that cares had my third and final surgery 4 weeks ago. I lucked out in that my mcl repaired itself but had to have my lcl, pcl, and acl repaired. Unfortunately I found out ill be out another 18 months so no boarding next winter. Thanks for the advice on pt I did all my exercises at home twice a day on top of my regular pt and my knee has healed remarkably. So for someone who had 4 tears in there monsicus, ruptured kneecap, and 4 torn ligament im doing pretty well.
Good work. I have had four operations on my right knee, first couple were for a bad dislocation and relocation tearing my ACL and medials, damaging the bone heads and tearing my cartilage. The latter were for more cartilage trims and to clean out excess scar tissue. I had 18 months rehab and played semi pro soccer for 6 more years. I recently retired as my ACL repair has weakened and have started to get some arthritis, I'm 29 now.

However the good news is snowboard quite happily still, I wear a knee support with a knee pad over the top. I do about 30 days a season, charge pretty hard but don't hit too many big jumps. I am even going to try ducking my stance a little this season and see how it holds up...

You will be up and sliding in a couple of seasons I am sure!!
AntipodeanSam is offline   Reply With Quote