Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Contour Roam 2?
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
PR325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
That almost seems too easy... I'm going to try it!
thats what i thought too lol, + there are no reference to this method on the internet, only reference to downgrade to the old firmware with audio issues. When my camera started giving the memory card error after the upgrade i panicked and wrote to contour:

i wrote:

"hello,

i tried to update the firmware of my camera and i flashed think the wrong firmware thinking it was a new one, because now my camera is recognized as roam 2 while its a roam and when i try to record the memory light keeps flashing. Is there a way to revert back the update??"

and they replied:

"Thank you for contacting Contour support. To attempt to revert back to your previous firmware, please first format your microSD card with your camera's format button. Then, please try following the "Installation Without Storyteller" instructions here: CONTOUR | Firmware - ContourROAM (v1.11). This may not work, however, as the it's possible that the firmware "bricked" the camera. The firmware should not attempt to install unless the actual firmware was renamed, so if your camera is reading as Roam2, you must have renamed the firmware to attempt to install it. As such, unfortunately if the camera does not revert, this is not covered by warranty.

John Unckles
Customer Satisfaction Team Manager
CONTOUR"

xD

Last edited by PR325xi; 05-30-2013 at 03:09 PM.
PR325xi is offline   Reply With Quote